Welcome!

Welcome to my blog on just about everything!

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Connected Kingdom

I just finished listening to Connected Kingdom Podcasts by David Murray and Tim Challies. Anyway, if you ever have any spare time, it's worth listening to (I listen to it while I do my ironing - I actually look forward to ironing then!) Last week I listened to their topic on children with disabilities and the church's responsibility towards them - convicting. Today, I listened to episode 6 on the role of elders in the church. Very fascinating. One of the requirements that an elder-to-be is put under (in Tim Challies' church) is the entire church fills out a qualification checklist to see if the candidate is suitable according to Biblical standards. (Actually, I don't know if the woman in the church do so). But the wife of the candidate does so - this makes a lot of sense to me. Who knows your husband better than you do? Listening to these podcasts will start provoking questions about a whole range of topics relating to the christian life. So I'm looking forward to the next podcast - (they are about 30 minutes in length). Happy listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment