Welcome!

Welcome to my blog on just about everything!

Friday, June 11, 2010

Thirteen kids and Glass Tables

It's been a busy day (understatement of the year). This morning I had thirteen(?) kids under the age of four racing around in our back yard. No, I wasn't the only one watching them - I am not that crazy! It was loads of fun, and I'll have to do it again some time. Anyway, my busy day didn't end there. Tonight I made dinner. Since it has been so nice outside lately, Mike and I have been having our meals al fresco. Whenever I don't feel like dealing with the hassle of bringing all the dishes outside, Mike reminds me that we have to take advantage of the gorgeous weather NOW! I had set the table and we were munching on our baby back ribs and were about to dive into the corn on the cob when I remembered that I had potatoes sitting in the oven. I quickly ran inside, grabbed them from the oven (wearing oven mitts, of course), and put the dish on the glass table. BAD MOVE! I was about to scoop some potatoes up for Juliet when the entire table shattered with everything on it! Wine glasses, casserole dishes, corn, pasta salad, wine bottle, plates - it was a disaster! I have a few scratches on my legs since I had bare legs and Mike cut his hands during the clean up, but thankfully Juliet is fine since she was not sitting too close to the table. So do yourself a favor, and don't be dumb like me and set piping hot dishes on your glass table without a trivet!

2 comments:

  1. oh no nic!!! that must have been one scary thing to see! glad to hear that you're ok. now you've got an excuse to go shopping for the things that broke ;-) btw what's
    'al fresco' mean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dor said...
    Land's sakes, Anne Shirley! You do beat all, child!
    I'll have to let John know I'm not the only one that breaks things (with regularity)!

    ReplyDelete