Welcome!
Welcome to my blog on just about everything!
Thursday, June 3, 2010
With no forethought
I am starting to see the benefits of using a laptop. I'm sitting outside on our back patio, in the shade, (much too hot for full sun), and am merrily typing away while Juliet sits in her sandbox, amusing herself with her watering can and other sand toys. The birds are chirping and for all you poor souls sitting behind a computer in some cubicle, well, I feel for you (sorry, Mike). Anyway, I have discovered a character flaw. Yes, don't faint, it's hard to imagine, but yes, I'm not perfect (I am starting to sound like my husband WAY too much!). The other day I went outside to watch Juliet while she played in our backyard. Then I thought of the two vegetable plants that I had bought at the store earlier in the day. I HAD to plant them for they were already wilting from the heat. So I proceeded to plant them in our fenced in vegetable garden. Juliet was in the garden with me, probbing at the dirt with her plastic spade. I was getting very annoyed with her because she continually stepped on my small, tender vegetable plants in her zeal to help Mommy. It was impossible to tell the difference between the vegetable plants and the weeds since the entire garden was one big mass of growing green. Realizing that I shouldn't be that annoyed with Jules who simply couldn't tell the difference between the two, I proceeded to start weeding furiously. In my nice clothes. High heeled slip-ons. I started out simply bending over and delicately pulling the weeds, trying to avoid the dirt that would inevitably creep under my fingernails. I ended on my hands and knees digging furiously after hoeing my veggie plot with great enthusiasm and passion (and with sweat trickling down my back). And I had to go to a banquet in under an hour and make myself presentable! Unfortunately, that is the way I often work. In fits and bursts of inspiration, resulting in a thourough job, yet with little forethought or planning in advance. This happened to me in pre-k this week. I had absolutely no intention of baking apple pie with my little tykes, but before you know it, I was chopping apples with great concentration and concocting a masterpiece with the help of my four pre-kers. I wonder what it must be like to plan events and things to do weeks in advance....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dor said...
ReplyDeleteBut don't you love those bursts of unplanned energy?! Amazing things happen! All the windows get washed, rooms get painted, and a year's worth of mending gets done -- never mind all the stuff that got pushed aside :)