Welcome!

Welcome to my blog on just about everything!

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

The other day Juliet was out on the patio holding her mug of milk in her hand. Not paying too much attention, she dropped the cup and it shattered. She looked down at the remains and shook her head a number of times. "Stupid," she muttered looking at it. She must have said "Stupid" four or five times while shaking her head all the while and I couldn't help but laugh; it sounded so funny coming from a little girl. She definitely picked that one up from me - can't blame it on Mike. When something breaks or isn't working properly, I say something like this under my breath: "Stupid piece of junk!" or "Stupid lousy rotten thing!" (Which really doesn't sound too intelligent, now does it? But I have read that swearing does help to relieve one's feelings and actually can help you deal with pain better. Truely. No, I'm not suggesting we start swearing, but I'm curious if mild audible expressions are ok. Yeah, yeah, who knows what constitutes as "mild" but I know where I grew up some of the more crass expressions we said were definitely NOT ok down here in the states. Farmers, I tell you! On the other hand, it probably shows a great lack of control
(to start yelling at objects). Okay, enough on this tangent which isn't going anywhere). I have to start watching what I say around her!

1 comment:

  1. Hee hee that's too funny... you better watch it tho girl, in church nursery she could start saying stuff that you'll be embarrassed of!!

    ReplyDelete