Welcome!

Welcome to my blog on just about everything!

Friday, April 23, 2010

Gardening with Bare Hands!

There's dirt under my fingernails and that means I have been gardening! Every time I go out to putter around in the garden I tell myself that THIS TIME I AM GOING TO WEAR GARDENING GLOVES! It's hard to get the dirt off of my fingers if I don't put them on. No matter how hard I scrub them, the dirt in the lines of my skin won't leave. According to my mom, the only way to get rid of it is to soak your hands in water. I ain't the bubble bath type of person (I've tried it numerous times only to be disappointed in how boring it actually is - to me the whole bubble bath idea sounds nicer than it actually is. All I do is get hot and bothered, and then I try to read a book while relaxing but then you get the pages wet when you turn them, because OOPS, you put your hand in the water), and I certainly would not have the patience to soak my hands in a pail. I think I would last two minutes before calling it a day. I have a very impatient streak in me that some of my sisters also have (you know who you are). For instance, I can never paint my fingernails because I never wait long enough for them to dry. NEVER. Every time I paint them, I tell myself that I will wait at least ten minutes before actually touching something...but then I'll see the comb on the floor, and I'll think: "I'll just pick this up VERY carefully." Yeah, right!) So now I've given up on having nicely painted fingernails and instead I opt for painting my toes (in the summer cause that's when people see them). You can actually walk around with freshly painted toe nails without ruining them so that's why my toe nails usually are painted in the summer. Anyway, don't you think they look much nicer with say, a nice peach or rosy pink hue? Otherwise I think toes are kind of ... nasty. Just my opinion. But back to the dirty hands. I simply can't seem to garden with gloves on. I don't know what it is. I think it's harder to plant flowers with gloves on, so off they go, and I plant with my bare hands. Another thing that really is bothering me is I planted an azalea bush last year and it's flowers are of a peachy-orange color. It's bothering me because it won't match my other color scheme. My house looks great with purple and pink flowers and now I have this azalea bush that is the wrong color. My husband would probably say I'm nuts for even thinking such a thing but does anyone else plant flowers that are a particular color that go with their house? This only goes for the front of my house. In the back of my house I have a perennial garden, and I basically plant any flower, any color. It's kind of fun.

2 comments:

  1. it's ALL about coordination...rip it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you don't like baths. Ask ma, I spend way too much time blubbing in the tub lol. The key to not overheating is to have the fan going and not have the water too hot... aaaaah so relaxing... great way to destress... plus its WAY easier to shave your legs when you take a bath :P

    ReplyDelete