Welcome!

Welcome to my blog on just about everything!

Monday, April 12, 2010

Sounds in the Night

The other night, I heard a strange noise in the middle of the night...around three or four in the morning. It sounded like somebody was crinkling paper into a ball. I promptly poked Mike in the back and told him to go investigate. A sigh ensued, and Mike sleepily crept out of bed. As I saw him leave the room, I wasn't much convinced that any robber would be frightened of a half-clothed, barely awake man with NOTHING in his hands! ( I, at least, would grab something! Even a textbook - remember, Dor?) It turned out there was nothing around. I hate it when I hear noises at night. When I lived in our old house I once heard a noise at night while Mike was gone. I was scared out of my wits but I knew I HAD to do something because Juliet was peacefully sleeping in the other room. I grabbed the knife that lay hidden underneath my nightstand beside my bed and stealthily crept to our bedroom door. With a loud "HUUUAAAAAAH" or something like that, I dramatically leaped out from behind the door and with a flourish, brandished my knife. The only problem was, that as I leaped through the air, I was fumbling with the blade which simply wouldn't open (it was a knife where you have to flip the blade up). I was extremely grateful when there was nothing to be seen, and I stood there in the hallway somewhat foolishly for the next couple of minutes, my heart racing. I was SO GLAD Mike wasn't around to see my exhibition. When I told Mike about it later, he promptly confiscated my knife, much to my dismay. He told me I would probably end up stabbing him some night thinking he was a robber. With my out-of-control imagination, he was probably right on track.

4 comments:

  1. oh, that is so hysterical, Nic! Me and Josh had one night of freaking each other out too, and I finally made him go check out the noise while I nervously hovered in the background. But thankfully Josh has a gun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike has told me he is in the process of getting a gun... Don't come visiting our house after midnight...

    ReplyDelete
  3. you seriously had a KNIFE?!!! If I was Mike I would have confiscated it too! I love your story :) I've had it once I locked myself in the bathroom for an hour before Hendrik came home, convinced a guy was waiting for me to come out of the door. Sometimes I wish I was born with a boring imagination...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hA! THAT'S TOO FUNNY, SANDRA. LOCKED IN THE BATHROOM, HUH???

    ReplyDelete