Welcome!
Welcome to my blog on just about everything!
Friday, February 12, 2010
Fuddy Duddy-hood, Here I Come!
I can remember when I was growing up that when we took (what i considered to be long) car trips to my aunt's house, my parents used to listen to classical music from the classical station. I thought it was ok at the time, but it drove me crazy when the annoying announcers would drone on and on about such and such a composer. Then I grew older and when I would drive with my older sisters in their cars, they often would listen to classical music as well. It would drive me crazy! Here was the perfect opportunity to listen to something that my parents most certainly would NOT listen to, but here I was stuck listening to classical music (again!). So I told myself that when I was an adult, married and with kids, I would NOT turn into an old fuddy duddy that listened primarily to classical music. I could not let myself become what my parents were. Well, the other day I realized (with a slight cringe) that yes, I primarily listen to the classical music station in the car. Poor Jules! She'll be probably having the same thoughts I had when I was little. I find myself guessing at who the composer of a particular piece of music is and this morning I was right!!! (when all else fails, guess Beethoven). So, yes, I am an official geek. (On my christmas list this year, Vivaldi's Four Seasons was one of my choices for a gift. Didn't get it but maybe for Valentine's Day -hint, hint, Mike). But in defense of classical music, it is the one type of music that I do not get sick of. If I listen to other types of music which I do at times, eventually I get sick of it and have to give myself a break. But yeah, it is a bit hard to admit to being an old fuddy duddy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So...am I to understand from your previous post that classical music is now controversial?! :)
ReplyDeleteHa! Nah, I haven't thought enough about the music one yet! One of these days I'll get to it.
ReplyDelete