Okay, folks, here is my first recipe.... This exotic recipe is....CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES! How american can you get? But I love these cookies and Jules loves them, and Mike likes them but without the chocolate chips (how weird is that????) And to give credit where credit is due, this is Hershey's recipe, not mine own, and I use nestle chips which I thing are yummy.
Hershey's Great American Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
21/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups Hershey's or whatever semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 375 F
2. Beat butter, sugars and vanilla in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons (I do tablespoons full) onto ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. This is the important part. We like our cookies soft so I bake for even a little less. You have to watch them because there is nothing worse than hard chocolate chip cookies. I freeze them once they have cooled, or put them in the fridge, because they do not stay good for very long in a cookie tin. I don't know why, but that is my experience. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment