Welcome!

Welcome to my blog on just about everything!

Monday, November 8, 2010

Dating Photos to Christmas Cards

I was looking at somebody's online photoalbum (nevermind who!), and all I saw were shots of the young (unmarried) couple. There must have been fifteen shots of the couple (all looking pretty much the same every shot), and about five of other things. It reminded me of when Mike and I were dating. All that matters is THE COUPLE. All you want to do is take photos of... each other. I look at my dating pictures, and yep, the majority of the shots are of our two mugs, plastered with smiles. It makes me feel slightly nostalgic. Now, it's hard enough to get a picture together and what with Christmas around the corner I'm starting to get nervous since we try to put a photo of our family on the cover. Did you hear about the new rules? If you want to be in the "in" crowd, you have to send a card WITH a picture. If you don't, I hate to break it to you, but you are horribly behind the times. And now, I have a grand announcement to make: I am the official judge of the annual Christmas Card Contest this year (D.R., and W.R., winning last year's contest), and I will soon let you know the rules. Extra points to those who include the actual parents as well as the kiddies (if you have them), in your photo. (I am not going to be surprised when the amount of christmas cards I receive dwindle to about...5.) And, now, I better stop this post before I get in serious trouble and someone starts to actually take me seriously!
P.S. - Pictures taken by a photography studio will be instantly excluded from the competition.

3 comments:

  1. Oh great, seeing as I have no significant other or kiddies to pose with am I going to be excluded from the contest?? I am planning on sending you a card however with my lovely mug plastered all over it

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry to break it to you, but the rules haven't changed~you're just new to the game since jules graced your family ;) everyone wants to see pics of the fam at Christmas!! talk to me in about 5 years and you'll do what we do~run when the mail drops and first search for the ones with the pics (aka: the good ones) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol --- can't wait to see yours! I'll give you an honest score from 0-12 ;)

    ReplyDelete