Welcome!
Welcome to my blog on just about everything!
Monday, March 1, 2010
Highlights of Our Trip to Florida
Mike and I were on our way home from Florida. We had a great time there! I usually go into things with low expectations...why be disappointed if something doesn't turn out??? And then it is nice to be pleasantly surprised. (I was going to make a crack about our marriage being the perfect illustration, but my innocent readers might really start to take me seriously and so I must reign myself in). Mike is the opposite of me. He goes into everything thinking it will be the best that it has ever been and he never is disappointed so I guess it works out for both of us. Like I said though, we really had a great time. Juliet was well behaved for the most part...although I think it took ten years off of my life when we went out to dinner at a fancy steak house full of quiet old people and tinkling piano playing in the background and a VERY antsy Jules who did not relish being put in another high chair - at this point she knew dinner in a restaurant meant she was stuck for a good hour. Thankfully after about fifteen minutes the place got a little louder. Our table was covered with toys... little people sprawled in her ketchup, markers bouncing off of the table and onto the floor, coloring books falling into her cup of milk, and a very red-faced Niccy ready to do ANYTHING to get her to talk softly, so yeah, it wasn't exactly ideal. (Sure you don't want to go down with us next time, Mom?) At any rate, we had fun going to the zoo, and the African Lion's Safari later on in the week. The highlight at the African Lion's Safari for Juliet was the fact that she could climb around the car. Freedom from her car seat? Oh boy, Juliet was game. Never mind the fact that there were zebra's fighting outside. Or that some rare monkey just scratched his armpit. The flight home was interesting as well. I was holding our darling little baby in my arms, trying to rock her to sleep... I was just thinking SUCCESS, when blah, she threw-up down my back. I looked in horror at Mike who was wishing he was twenty seats in front of us. "What should I do?" I whispered to him. "Should I go to the bathroom?" "Yes, of course!" Then he looked at me and gagged a little. I looked at him sympathetically and told him in a gentle way... well, really I squinted my eyes at him and hissed in my meanest voice, "DON'T YOU DARE START, TOO!" Then off I shuffled to the bathroom with Juliet and tried to clean us both up. I heard a timid knock after five minutes on the bathroom door and ignored it. I knew who it was and I wasn't in the mood for "help" at this point. It isn't exactly pleasant knowing that as you make your way back to your seat, everyone around you is secretly holding their noses and privately thinking, "Oh, there's the unprepared lady with the sick kid!" Anyway, I like to think things like this build character. And, in the end, it makes for a good(?) story, and lots of sympathy afterwards.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ahahaha you cracka me up niccy
ReplyDeletei'm definitely feeling sorry for you...been there, done that! ;)
ReplyDeleteHi, Nicolette. Jo told me I should check out your blog, and I'm glad I did - it's hilarious! I have a horrendous plane+child story, but right now I'm just figuring out if I can post anything. Btw - Foyle's War is the best! I don't know anyone else who knows of its existence.
ReplyDelete