Welcome!

Welcome to my blog on just about everything!

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Spring Break, Sweat Pants, and Breakfast in Bed!

Well, it's Spring Break here and I am enjoying it!!! Me and my beloved sweat pants are becoming acquainted with each other once again. It really was a hard separation. It's not that I'm against wearing skirts (I wear them to school every day), I just hate wearing them in the winter when I have to wear stockings and then have to make sure I'm wearing a slip, etc. It seems that I've never properly invested in a number of GOOD tights so I'm always feeling uncomfortable in ones that are too tight, aren't quite long enough, or they stick to my slip, etc. Besides, I don't want to pay twenty dollars for a pair of tights that will promptly get holes in them! Sorry, Mom, I just ain't that into skirts. Men have it easy, in my opinion. Mike rolls out of bed, grabs a pair of jeans and a dress shirt (which never gets tucked in), and off he goes.... Though, now that I think about it, if that is all I have to complain about, I've got it easy. And somehow this post went off on a tangent because my intention was to write about how Mike made breakfast for me in bed and here I am writing about my sweat panted attire. ANYWAY, (ahem), I woke up to a nice surprise this morning. It was 8:30, a wonderful time to wake up to in the morning, and the strains of some classical music were making their way into our bedroom. Then in came Mike with a baking tray carrying my oh-so-necessary mug o' tea, a toasted english muffin with butter and light brown sugar melting on top, and a lovely bouquet of forsythia! And that was a great way to start the day, don't you think? Since then, its gone considerably down hill, but I have a lovely memory and I've come to the conclusion that Mike wins in the spontaneity department. Gulp! From an incurable romantic, this is a bit of a blow, but perhaps I'll recover from it....

1 comment:

  1. Breakfast in bed sounds delightful! Josh read your post, and then we were both trying to remember if he had ever done that for me. (hint, hint) We both didn't even remember, lol.

    ReplyDelete