I'm writing this down so I don't forget. I was out with some friends the other day and was amazed at how well some of the moms remembered the cute things their children said, and here I could think of nothing funny or clever that Jules had said recently (horrors of horrors)!!! So I thought to myself, "Jules childhood will be one big blank if I don't start writing some of this stuff down!" Well, here is her most recent:
I was reading Jules her nightly Bible story and though I can't remember who the story was on, it was on someone "bad." Well, after hearing the story, Jules declared, "But we're not bad, mom! We aren't like that man."
Thinking I had a teachable moment, I responded, "Well, Jules, we are all bad. We're sinners!"
Jules - "Well, not BAD like THAT man in the story!"
Me - (trying to provide some concrete examples) "Sometimes we're bad when we're cranky, or we say something mean, or hit people!"
Jules - "Well, I DON"T hit people, Mom!"
Me - "You don't??? You just hit Laina this morning!!!!"
Jules - pause.... "Well, hmmm....." And that ended the conversation swiftly!!!
I can totally see you, warming up to your teachable moment...!
ReplyDeleteDo write more, I always have to chuckle at your candid way of sharing bits of your life!!
I agree, Sandra!
ReplyDelete