Welcome!

Welcome to my blog on just about everything!

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Little Girls and Their Birthdays....

Jules has been talking about her birthday lately. I haven't encouraged it, seeing that it's still a month away, but how in the world do you get little girls to NOT talk about their birthdays? Seeing birthdays occur to other people on a regular basis simple adds to the whole drama of the upcoming day. Juliet thinks something miraculous is going to happen to her when the magical day arrives. This morning she announced while clutching some books, that "when I have my birthday, I will be bigger, and I will be able to read big words and read this book." Hmmm, hate to break it to you kid, but it ain't happening. Of course, I don't have the heart to be so unkind as to tell her the truth but simply offer some vague comments. "Well, you never know, Jules." Juliet is convinced she'll also be a great deal taller. "Well, Juliet, maybe!" And so it goes. But all this birthday talk means.... birthday cake. Remember my dilemma last year? The so called "Party-Hat Cake" which everyone thought was a "Lighthouse"? I just don't think I'm cut out for this decorating cake business. Something to do with patience, I believe. Maybe I'll just decorate some cupcakes this year....and make my famous ice-cream cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment