Welcome!

Welcome to my blog on just about everything!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Fashion Sense

The other day Mike and I went out for dinner together. It has been a few months since we went out ALL BY OURSELVES and so I was eagerly anticipating it. I went into our bedroom to get dressed and an evil thought inserted itself into my brain. I looked down at my oh-so-comfortable grey sweatpants. They weren't exactly stylish, but they didn't have an elastic band at the ankle so they weren't completely outdated. The thought flickered: Could I wear these pants with a nice shirt and get away with it? I entertained the idea for about ten seconds; then I was filled with horror. Sweatpants??? Going out for dinner in... sweatpants??? I hadn't gone out in months and here I was ready to trot off in my slightly too tight sweatpants. It can only be another sign of impending fuddy-duddy hood. In the end I put on my black dress pants and was glad I did so...

2 comments:

  1. Haha I hear ya Nic... I've been wearing my sweatpants too much lately. But they're Oh So Comfy, especially when other pants are a tickle too tight :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...fuddyduddyhood is definitely settling in. I think I'm getting into that phase too, definitely in the winter. It's so cold, and a comfy pair of sweatpants is just the thing. Until my hubby, a true Dutchman with a good sense of fashion, asked me if I had anything else to wear? I'm glad it's almost summer - a cute skirt and top are my favourite. Just be glad you live in the US...fuddyduddies probably fit right in the rest of the folks :)

    ReplyDelete