Welcome!

Welcome to my blog on just about everything!

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Bird Tales

Well, Bluebell has been with us for a few weeks now. I have to confess that I like him for the most part. However, I have to continually fight against feeling guilty whenever I look at him; is he getting enough attention? Are we gone too long during the day? etc. But I have managed to get the little guy (or girl - haven't figured out the sex yet) on my finger. In fact, he loves to climb onto my hand and have me rub his neck. I was doing just the thing today and he was enjoying himself immensely. I decided that things were proceeding in a satisfactory way and thought it was time to introduce him (just briefly, of course), to the world outside his cage. I intended to hold him tightly in my hand and just give him a peep and then slip him back into his cage. He was comfortably tucked into my hand and I ever so carefully lifted him outside of his cage. I think he was outside of his cage for .5 seconds when FWOOOOOSH, out he slipped, and into the world. He flapped wildly around my kitchen, me ducking, then around and around in circles from the dining room into the kitchen. Then the great outdoors beckoned but the patio door wasn't open. BONK! He hit the window and fell to the ground a little dazed. Seeing my opportunity, I reached for him and was left with a hand full of every single one of his tail feathers. Now I have a rather ridiculous-bird flapping around my kitchen with nary a tail feather. Thankfully,I suddenly remembered a vital piece of information - something having to do with a sheet. That's it! I tossed the sheet over his head as he perched on my cabinets, and I finally caught my bird. I now have a rather disgraced little bird that glares at me from his cage. So far, he hasn't let me near him without pecking me. Perhaps I deserve it!

2 comments:

  1. Nic, you make me laugh every time! I've wildly tried to chase a bird around the classroom before, and it's quite hilarious when you look back at it. Better luck next time, and hopefully Bluebell will one day love you again, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and perhaps he should have behaved himself. he'll get over it~and i wonder if he's ever heard the phrase 'don't (peck) the hand that feeds you'!! yep.

    ReplyDelete