Welcome!

Welcome to my blog on just about everything!

Monday, October 11, 2010

Food Nut

Well, folks, Mike and I took the plunge. Yep, you are now looking at one of those organic, grow your own food, anti-preservatives, anti-processed types. Last Saturday, after spending a glorious morning at Turtle-back Zoo (well worth your money), Mike and I went to Trader Joes - a grocery store that specializes in organic and natural foods. Of course, I had the expected heart-attack when it came time to pay the bill at the counter, but after I recovered I looked with pleasure at my loaded cart full of natural...stuff. Brownie mix, banannas, sunflower seeds, peanuts, sea salt, organic kiwis, you name it, it was in our cart. What has happened to me? Well, Mike has been on a health kick for the past month (with good results, I might add), so I thought I better join the whole thing. Last night, Mike and I had our traditional Sunday night BLT - except the bacon was turkey bacon. It didn't taste a whit like regular bacon, but nonetheless, it still tasted good. This morning I ate watermelon and kiwi for breakfast. I'm going to have a highly nutritious salad for lunch, and, well, I better stop before I bore you all to tears. So that is what is new and exciting in my life. You better not sit beside me at any function, because I just might start talking your ear off about natural foods and the like.

1 comment:

  1. You and my wife both. It's a good thing though ... and pretty convincing. It is amazing what a lot of our food goes through before it reaches our mouths. Sit next to Rebecca and you can yak each other's ears off.

    ReplyDelete