Welcome!

Welcome to my blog on just about everything!

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunday School Lessons

Teaching Sunday school can be humbling. One of the main lessons in my bible story today was that God sees everything. We were talking about Achan, and how he stole some treasures from Jericho, hid them in his tent, probably thinking he had gotten away with the whole thing. But, of course, God saw him, and he was severly punished. In class we talked about the application and discussed what we should do if we have sinned and "gotten away with it" (in our own eyes). We said we should ask forgiveness of the one we have wronged AND ask God to forgive us. Then I came home from Sunday school, saw Mike reading his book while the breakfast dishes sat on the counter, and the dishwasher sat chock full of dishes yearning to be put away, and proceeded to have a FIT (I am too ashamed to admit how annoyed and angry I became). Later, the words that I had said so seriously about forgiveness to my students came back to me. Sometimes the "teacher" needs to be the one to learn the lesson....

1 comment:

  1. Ah...been there. Both the fit and having children's Bible lessons tap me on the shoulder. I'm embarassed to admit this, but I find my kids's devotions very convicting.

    ReplyDelete