Welcome!
Welcome to my blog on just about everything!
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
September Ramblings
Well, folks, I haven't as much time to post lately because I'm a workin' woman. Yep, I'm one of them liberated sorts. Okay, I'm kidding, but I am teaching a half day every day and that cuts down on the time to do fun things like blog. My thoughts on teaching? I'm really enjoying it. It's fun to be around students. I'm teaching all sorts of different subjects to varying age levels and am enjoying the challenge. My life has to be way more organized now, otherwise my house would be upside down and I can handle some mess but not tooooooo crazy. But being busy has always been a good thing for me. Gone are the days when I would stay up till after midnight, get up at...(never mind - I'll keep this one a secret), and take a nap while Juliet napped. Nope, I'm up at seven o'clock almost every morning and quite proud of it! So far, Juliet is behaving admirably for "Nonny", my mother-in-law, and for her babysitter. My biggest worry has not been a worry at all! What has been going on with Juliet lately? Well, as my mother-in-law says, "There are no flies on her!" The other day Juliet held up a DVD that was much too scary for her (I think it was Charlotte's Web) and I told her (firmly) that she wasn't allowed to watch it. I told her she could "when she was older." Mike came home, and Juliet thought she ought to see what Dad has to say about the matter. She was disappointed when Mike said "no" as well. The next day, Jules held up the video and declared, "I'm older, Mom!" I couldn't help laughing.... And what has Mike been up to? I had to laugh this morning when he told me a dream he had recently.... He was in Best Buy, and his cart was loaded to the gills with electronic gadgets: computers, computer games, flat screen TV, all the works. He was like a kid in a candy store! He was waiting in line to buy his merchandise but the line was moving sooo slowly. Lo and behold, it was almost his turn to pay for the stuff when in marched his wife (me), and said one word: "MIKE!!!" Apparently I ruin his dreams even in his sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment