Welcome!
Welcome to my blog on just about everything!
Saturday, July 24, 2010
VBS Memories
It's been a busy week! Why? VBS was this week. I have to say though, this was by far the most enjoyable VBS I have ever been involved in due to a number of factors. All I can say is, having people play games with the kids during their snack break is a HUGE improvement over supervising and coming up with games yourself! It really was a blessing. I actually had time to mosey on down to the kitchen, pick out what donut I was going to eat (very important), and leisurely help myself to a good cup of coffee. Unheard of! Secondly, having an efficient side-kick is wonderful. I don't think I could ever teach a class in the future by myself. And thirdly, going on vacation the week before VBS was a blessing in disguise because it forced me to prepare for crafts in advance! There was no helter-skelter the Saturday night before VBS. All was taken care of. The program on Friday night wasn't without its thrills, either. I don't think I've heard a thunderstorm like that in a long time! Every two minutes or so, there was an enormous bolt of lightning and a thunderous crack overhead. I was waiting for the steeple to get hit but was continually reminding myself that there was one of them new-fangled lightnin' rods up there (at least, I think there is). Yes, the lights went out just to add to the drama of the evening. After a minute or two they went back on....much to the relief of the teachers and the dismay of the kids. But the kids all did a fabulous job with their recitations and songs and I consider myself blessed to have been able to be a part of it all. Yes, this was a VBS to remember!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment