Welcome!

Welcome to my blog on just about everything!

Friday, January 16, 2015

Lemonade Stands

Jules must be in the kitchen for I hear the sound of kitchen cupboard doors being slammed and I wonder, "What is she up to now?"  Do I really want to know?"  Probably not!  I am often amazed at the creative juices this little girl of ours possesses.  When things get a little stale, she'll come up with some idea to liven things up.  The other day she watched an episode of Curious George and there must have been a scene in it where George has a lemonade stand for lo and behold, after completing the episode, she was all set to have a lemonade stand set up.  I caught her man-handling the little white table she has in her playroom.  There was a heroic attempt to get the thing out the playroom, through the kitchen to the front door.
"Jules, what are you doing?"
"It's a lemonade stand."
"Jules, it's the middle of winter.  No one will buy lemonade in the middle of winter.  In fact, I don't have lemonade in the house."
"Well, can't I sell something???"
This was a problem.  Did I really want Jules selling "something/anything" at the end of our driveway in the middle of winter?  No, not really.  So I got busy selling her on the idea of having a little stand in our own house.  She could "sell" stuff to her mom and dad.  That settled it.  A sign had to be made, the table set up along with a chair, a tea towel to cover the table, and the last little detail of what to sell.  After some thought, it became "Juliet's Coffee Stand".  Later she made a new sign to switch at night for when Mike came home from work..."Get your free, juicy, tasty beer here!!!" (Jules's idea, not mine!).  Don't you just love what kids come up with?
p.s.  she was a little offended that I pretended to pay her for the cookies I "bought" from her stand - cookies I had baked the day before!  "What, no real money, Mom?!!!


3 comments:

  1. Good pun in line 3 - 'creative juices...' ha ha
    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever girl! You made me smile, Jules!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's hilarious, Nic! I love it.

    ReplyDelete