Welcome!
Welcome to my blog on just about everything!
Saturday, May 24, 2014
Snookered!
I pride myself on being the type of gal that can say "No, thank-you!" I remember years ago (before I was married) spending $40.00 on some Dead Sea hand lotion. I'll never forget the feeling of indignation I felt that I had been snookered into buying hand lotion that I rarely use! So, lesson learned, right? Well, recently I picked up a pamphlet advertising Omaha Steaks. Thinking that the offered deal looked pretty good ($40.00 for some steaks, burgers, hotdogs, chicken breasts and baked potatoes), I called the 1-800 number. Bad mistake. Let's just say that I got talked into $120.00 worth of steak, chicken, baked potatoes and I don't know what all. I have never talked to such a convincing sales man (he had a southern accent; think that had anything to do with it???) "Well, ma'am, I could give you this one-time limited special for a great price today. Why don't you double the offer?" Hmm, well, okay. "Oh, and ma'am, if you were to add this other special, a delicious combination of various steaks, we could give you free shipping." Well, that sounded good to me. "Oh, and ma'am, it would be remiss of me to not mention that we have some delicious marinated pork chops for only $9.99!" Finally, I had the sense to say, "no, thank-you," seeing that we rarely eat pork chops. And so a couple of days ago, there was a knock at the door, and when I opened it, a large cooler sat on my front porch waiting to be opened. It was at this moment that I wondered where in the world I was going to put all of this frozen meat? Considering that I only have one small freezer it was an effort to stuff all of the "stuff" inside! Be forewarned! Don't open my freezer or you'll have a good chance of having frozen meat fall out and land on your toes! Anyone else been snookered recently?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I had forgotten about up your encounter with Dead Sea hand lotion! Oh Niccy.... You crack me up! I think I need to come to your place for dinner.... Oh wait, I still have Omaha steaks in my freezer ;)
ReplyDeleteLora
That's hilarious! Thanks for making my day....
ReplyDeleteHAHAHAHA! Not too sure I'd be able to say 'no'! We don't get too many salesman calling on the phone (we've blocked our number for that), but we do regularly get them at the door. A couple of years ago I signed up for emergency sewage block-up insurance or something like that! We've never had any block up problems, but his convincing 'salesmenship' and the mental images of backed up toilets had me signing in a hurry...with Hendrik calling it off that evening! I can just see you stuffing it all in your freezer! Lots of steak dinners coming up - enjoy!
ReplyDelete