Welcome!

Welcome to my blog on just about everything!

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Mish Mash

1. Hi, it's me again! I've been doing some thinking again, so watch out! I used to be a very goal-driven individual. When I got up in the morning, I'd usually have a mental list of all the things I wanted to accomplish. Now, this was all very fine and well when I just had to take care of little ole' me. But lately I've started to realize some of the pitfalls of this obsession of mine. It's Monday morning (the morning I usually go crazy doing laundry) and I mentally run through what I want to complete. " Wow! There's lots of laundry to do, but if I go nuts and finish it all, I'll be prepared for the rest of the week! I'll try to get seven loads done TODAY!" Now, the problem with this thinking is when a monkey wrench comes into my plans (usually in the form of a little 3 year old). It can come as a question: "Mom, can you play with me?" or I might hear a tantrum going on in the room beside me, or, well, you fill in the blank. When I am so obsessed about completing my goal, little distractions become downright ANNOYING. "No, go play by yourself! Can't you do anything without me around???" or "I'll ignore that tantrum - she needs to learn to get over it by herself." My reactions can be downright awful. So, lately, I've been trying to pray in the morning after breakfast, "Lord, help me to complete what I CAN today." And that might mean two loads of laundry getting done instead of seven, and it might mean I'll be spending time at the dining room table coloring with Juliet or playing dolls or some other "distraction." And at the end of the day, when I think of all that I've "accomplished", playing with Juliet comes pretty high on the list.
2. Juliet - "Mom, can I have a backpack?"
Me - "Yeah, sure, why do you want one?"
Juliet - "Shifrah has one!"
IT HAS BEGUN!!!!
3. So, has anyone listened to Sarah Palin's dismal recounting of Paul Revere's ride? You can't help but cringe when you hear her. Sorry, Sarah, but you just are not the most articulate person out there. I'd have a very hard time voting for you if you run for President.

No comments:

Post a Comment