Welcome!

Welcome to my blog on just about everything!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Two Dutch Girls

To begin with, I don't primarily view myself as a dutch girl. I tend to think of myself as an American (oh be quiet, all you Canadians). But every once in awhile, my old Dutch heritage reasserts itself with vigor. Mike and I stayed at my brother and sister-in-law's house this past Christmas along with my sister Ange and her husband, Josh. Well, seeing we had the place to ourselves (my brother and his wife were gone for the holidays), we proceeded to make ourselves at home. Disaster struck on Christmas Day. We drove home from church, made ourselves a cup of coffee and found to our dismay that we had NO BAKED GOODS to eat with our coffee! This was terrible indeed! Neither of us had bothered to bring cookies with us from home, or had shopped! All the stores were closed (it being Christmas), and we didn't have the time to bake! Ange and I looked at each other in dismay while our husbands looked on not quite understanding what was troubling their dear wives (they are too American to understand). However, after peering through the fridge fruitlessly, we discovered a frozen almond tart in the freezer. It looked delicious. Of course, there was a little gift tag on the top addressed to my brother from one of his students - a christmas gift. That started the predicament - to open, or keep closed? Ange, being the braver of the two, said frankly, "Well, if someone was staying at my house, I wouldn't mind them snooping in my freezer and having a piece or two of cake." That decided it. The tart was opened, two large pieces cut out, and two dutch girls were satisfied; after all, they had something to eat with their coffee....

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHA! This is soooo true! I Love It! I can totally see Ange saying it and the husbands looking on confused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hysterical~do you know my husband....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmm.... hello everyone - not funny!
    Ray

    ReplyDelete