Welcome!
Welcome to my blog on just about everything!
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Confessions of a Two Year Old
I was busy making up the bed this morning when Jules toddled into the room. "Mom," she declared, "I didn't push the button." Hmmm, my suspicions thus arroused, I asked her, "What button did you NOT push?" "The button on the computer, Mom!" Stinker! She knows she isn't allowed to touch the computer, but the temptation must have proved to be irrisistable. Thankfully, no harm was done, but I had to laugh at the way she gave it all away by her statement. I suppose I should be grateful that at this point it is easy to see through her "sneakyness".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yes it is nice to see through sneakyness. We had the same thought this past Sunday. Sitting in the back of church in the evening Silas leaned over to me and whispered:
ReplyDeleteSilas: "Dad, I need a drink"
Phil: "No"
... a few seconds later ...
Silas: "Dad, I need to go pee"
Phil: "No"
I saw through his ploy since I too just observed the occasional child leaving the sanctuary. The next couple of minutes were also distracted from the sermon as I thought how he is sharpening his "skills" of manipulation and hope that he will never get good at it.