Welcome!

Welcome to my blog on just about everything!

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I'm Gonna Be FAT!

The other day while I was putting Juliet to bed, we had one of those hilarious conversations that I just had to record.  Here's how it went:
"So Mom, you aren't going to get fat because of this baby, are you?"
"Well, when you are pregnant, your belly does get bigger..."
"But I don't want you to get FAT!  I want you to be skinny!!!!"
"Jules, I can't change the fact that you do get bigger when you are pregnant!"
"Like how big?"
I shoved a thin pillow under my shirt while Jules looked on horrified.
"That big?????"  Jules starts crying.  "I don't want you to have a big belly!"
I started backtracking at this point.  "Well, maybe not that big.  Just a little big, okay?"
"Okay.  I guess a little big is okay.  Just don't end up looking like ____________, okay?" (insert a very pregnant mom in the blank).
"Okay, Jules, I'll try."
Dear me!  Hopefully this weight-gain thing will be so gradual Juliet won't notice how big I will eventually become (Lord willing!).

3 comments:

  1. Oh Nic! Haha. That is very funny

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious! My kids don't want me to be skinny, then I won't be cuddly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA!!! I say cuddling up to a bony mom ain't something any kid likes. A little padding in the right area makes for lots of cozy cuddling ;)
    By the time you get really big, Jules'll be so fascinated about the wiggling baby under your skin, she'll forget all about her earlier 'fears'!

    ReplyDelete