Welcome!

Welcome to my blog on just about everything!

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Valentine's Day

Well, here I sit in my robe, typing on the computer. I was reading my sister Bub's blog this morning and seeing that she posted about Valentine's Day, I'm going to, too! I always love reading what people do on Valentine's Day. Some people are adamantly against the whole thing and think of it as one big marketing scheme. You know, Hallmark in its glory and the chocolate makers raking in the dough... The cynics see their dollars disappearing on flowers that will be significantly cheaper the next day... Me? Well, you probably know this already, but I like Valentine's Day! Why not celebrate love? Who cares? Loosen the ole wallet and spend a little... (My mom would be shaking her head at this statement right now). Anyway, so one change this year was that Mike bought Juliet some things for Valentine's Day as well - a box of chocolate (with a teddy bear)and a bouquet of three roses. She was thrilled!!! At the clinic they make a big deal of pretty much every holiday (I'm waiting for a reformation day party - so far no luck) so Jules knew all about Valentine's Day and wanted so badly to do something special! So needless to say, when Mike came home with some gifts for her, she was thrilled. And Mike has been secretly substituting some of his chocolates (yes, I bought him a box) with hers (he accidentally bought her a box of mixed chocolates - you know the ones with disgusting fillings) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment