Welcome!
Welcome to my blog on just about everything!
Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Me and My Crock pot
My crock pot and I have this love/hate relationship. Let's start on the positive side, though. Is there anything better than walking in the door after work and finding that dinner has been a'simmering in that pot all afternoon? The idea that I don't need to rustle up a dinner is sheer BLISS! When Mike calls on the phone and asks "What's for dinner?" I can answer (with triumph in my voice), "I've been cooking all afternoon!" (never mind the exaggeration). Okay, lest we get carried away, let's be realistic here. Have you ever noticed that a lot of crock pot recipes end up all tasting the...same? Seriously, if you place veggies with your roast in there, or if you put veggies with your chicken, it all ends up tasting the same. Your carrot no longer tastes like a carrot but like roast and that goes for about all your other veggies... So, that's where the love/hate thing comes in. Convenience? Check. Taste? So-so. I would like to say this excludes a good pork roast. Put some barbecue sauce in, or use a McCormick Pulled Pork spice packet, or (heaven-forbid), you actually follow a recipe, and you will have a effortless, delicious dinner! (That's what is on the menu tonight - hence the enthusiasm).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment