Welcome!
Welcome to my blog on just about everything!
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Potty Training 101
Oh, the things you learn when you start to potty train a tyke. I'm becoming very familiar with the restrooms in every store I frequent. The other day I went out with Jules to lunch with Mike. Well, there we were in the restaurant and after Jules experienced the first "thrill" of trying out a new bathroom, she declared she "needed to go again!" Well, when one is in training, do you really want the risk of an accident? So, off we trotted to the bathroom. In one hour, we visited that particular bathroom three times. The other day while we were in church, it was the same thing. Jules declared she "had to go!" so Mike took her to the men's bathroom. She looked curiously at the urinals on the way in. On the way out, Mike told me she ran up to one of them and was about to "wash her hands" thinking it was a small sink!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's hilarious... maybe she's too young, but Lora says she charges the kids a dollar if they need to go to the bathroom during church - that way you can tell if they are faking it or not. Maybe you could try a similar strategy
ReplyDeleteOh Nic, I went through the same with Allie at first. I know what the bathrooms are like in Kohls, Target, Walmart, ShopRite, the list goes on. Church was the same thing. And it is hard, because you really deep down know that they don't have to go, but there's that little part of you that says, what if? A mess in a public place would be worse! Happy potty training! :o)
ReplyDelete