Welcome!
Welcome to my blog on just about everything!
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Monday Night Surprise
I don't know what it is about Mondays, but I always seem to have a ton of energy! It's great! I get up, start on the laundry, and accomplish all sorts of jobs around the house. As the week moves along, my energy for house-cleaning wanes, and I make up for my zealous over-the-top chore-packed Monday with more relaxed...activities. It never fails. It is such a good feeling to get a lot accomplished. Yesterday was like any other Monday. I rushed around during the day, cooked a meal for dinner (chicken wings, anyone? We eat em' for dinner and love em'!) and at around seven-thirty, it was off to the grocery store. Jules wanted to go with me, so I had company. After our trip, it was home again. I walked in the door, not aware of the major heart palpitations and the agonizing struggle that was in store for me. My livingroom had turned into a giant tent...of sorts. While we were gone, my dear ole' hubby made the entire living room into a fort for his little girl. (Can you tell he loves her?) I confess when I saw it, I had to bite my tongue. My beloved livingroom! The only neat room in the house! The one "sacred" room that I try to keep half-way clean. Well, Jules had her fun. While I busily put the groceries away, I kept thinking about when I was going to clean up the various blankets and sheets that seemed to be everywhere. But then I started to remember what it was like to be a kid - forts were the BEST! Endless hours of fun could come from a simple blanket thrown over a chair and made into a fort of sorts. On the other hand, we made them in the basement when I was a kid - slightly less visible, no? But we don't have a basement! And what better place to build a fort than in the room where the most chairs and various articles of furniture are situated? I consoled myself with the fact that once Jules was in bed, I'd clean it up as soon as possible. Then I heard Mike cheerfully announce to Jules that, "She could play with it in the morning and get more fun out of it then!" My heart sank. I'd have to go to bed knowing my livingroom was a disaster. Would I even be able to sleep? Somehow I kept my mouth shut. And you know what? Mike got me to go in the tent and pretend to be a lion and I don't know what all. In the end I kept my mouth shut and was a.) glad I had a husband who wanted to surprise his little girl b.) glad my husband cleaned it all up at night on second thought c.)and glad that my girl was happy! What do you say? Can you sympathize with my plight or am I a nut-job?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
you got one fun-loving husband! the best part of the story is when he decided to clean it up at the end :) haha. sometimes it's good to remember when we were kids. remember sneaking chocolate chips into our forts? good memories!
ReplyDelete